[Nfbf-l] Announcement

MisterAdvocate at aol.com MisterAdvocate at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 02:57:24 UTC 2014

Greetings to all the NFB of Florida members,
Since I have already told the State Board of Directors and since  I  let
the cat out of the bag at the Events committee  meeting, I will go  ahead and
make it formal to all.
After being on the State Board for many years holding most of the
positions available except President, I feel it is time to retire. When I took  over
as secretary from Brenda Gillis way back when, I have worked tirelessly
for the NFB at the National, State and Local levels. I think it is now time
for much younger people to step up to the plate and let us old work horses
take a break and enjoy some of the activities we put on all across the
nation.  I there for will not be running for my First Vice President Position at
the  upcoming State Convention. I will maintain my Presidency of the National
 Veterans Division and will continue doing so as long as they will have me.

So, that is it all you potential officers and new workers for the cause  it
is your turn.I do want to say that if you are considering running for State
 Office that you are prepared for the experience, as it is a working
position  and if you aren't completely proficient with a computer you will be left
in  the dark, uninformed, and not up to the task at hand.
Email,  Downloading Attachments, Word, dropbox are the minimal requirements
for a  state board position. Excel spreadsheet experience also helps. So if
you  are thinking about running please consider what I have laid out, as
your  fellow members will be depending on you. State board meetings are
usually 2 to  3 hours and this is just the beginning of your time you will have to
 donate.
 So be  prepared and good luck!
Blessings,
Dwight