[Nfbf-l] Convention

Toni King tkk at samobile.net
Sun Jan 26 23:25:45 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,
Before this year's convention it had been well over 10 years since I
had attended.
I loved the fellowship and forgot how much fun that was. The general
session on both Saturday & Sunday was worth attending. I enjoyed the
reports and was amazed at all the wonderful youth programs the NFB now
has up and running. I think that is just wonderful.
I enjoyed hearing both Oneal Lewis and Robert Dole III the new DBS
director speak.
The auction was fun, exciting and totally enjoyable. The banquet was
awesome as well the food was delicious and the nights event awesome.
I am now a dog guide user and joined Flagdu and enjoyed meeting the
other dog guide users. The resort was awesome and I was beyond
impressed with the staff. As a matter of fact I have now recommended
that resort to other agency's who have members of multiple disabilities.
The lay out was very user friendly and the restaurant had great prices.
I am sorry to say I was not able to stay for Monday's general session
and missed elections. I can say I am eagerly looking forward to next
year's convention.   The Daytona chapter did a great  job and should be
proud of the work they did.
My partner came with me and had never been to an NFB convention and she
was amazed and pleased at how everyone said hello and asked where you
were from and would have a meet & greet any where. She was also amazed
and pleased at how independent everyone was and saw why I love being a
part of the NFB.

I hope this helps with some of the details of this year's convention.
Take Care,
Toni King

--
Check out my blog
www.samobile.net/users/tkk/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life
is either a daring adventure or nothing.
   Helen Keller, The Open Door (1957)

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras