[Nfbf-l] Recipe Request

lball42 at tampabay.rr.com lball42 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 13:43:46 UTC 2014

Hi Holly. chocolate gravy phooey yuk how about calico beans it is an old family recipe Mary makes and it is pretty healthy. Ingredients are. six slices of bacon, one half pound ground beef, one half cup chopped onions, half cup of ketchup, one teaspoon salt,three fourth cup firmly packed brown sugar, one teaspoon dry mustard, two teaspoons vinegar, one can pork and beans, one can kidney beans, one can butter or lima beans. cook bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove to paper towel and crumble, cook beef in skillet until no pink shows, add onions sauté until just tendfer, combine, beef, onions, ketchup, salt, brown sugar, mustard, and vinegar in three quart baking dish. partially drain all of the beans, and add to baking dish, mix.sprinkle with bacon. bake at three fifty for forty minutes.enjoy.