[Nfbf-l] Toni

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Fri May 2 17:20:15 UTC 2014

Hello, Toni!

That is cool that you work for the lighthouse.  I wish there was one near
where I live, I would be there often.  I coordinated a workshop for the
Florida Deaf Blind Association last week and we had a workshop at the
Lighthouse of Central Florida to train sighted people to become Support
Service Providers (SSPs)...FDBA has a program called the Florida Support
Service Providers (FSSP) program that will provide SSP for Deaf Blind
Flroidians throughout Florida.  We are training them but we have not been
able to implement the program yet, however, we are waiting for funding so we
will have SSP ready and available.

For our events, we do use volunteer SSPs and have many who will be
volunteering for our upcoming event in Daytona Beach at the Conklin Center.
This event is our annual Helen Keller Deaf Blind Awareness Celebration and
we will be celebrating 10th anniversary.   It is Saturday, June 28, 2014
from 9 till 4.  An all day events with lots of activities, information,
presentations and fun, fun, fun.

Anyway, I hear you about those drivers who shouldn't be driving, I know of
some here in my community that are driving and shouldn't be.  All we can do
is ask them that if something happens would they be able to live with
themselves...??

You are an inspiration and keep doing what you do!

(smile)

Darlene