[Nfbf-l] Megabus or Jet set express Miami info. For national

Denise Valkema via Nfbf-l nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 16:10:07 UTC 2014

Jet Set Express
miamiorlando.com
Our offices operate dailyfrom 9:00am to 11:00pm. Please, call us at:

Phone:      407-649-4994
Toll FREE:  1-800-287-4350
$23 each way with multiple stops in Miami.
ARRIVAL LOCATION IN ORLANDO: 9901 Hawaiian Ct. Orlando, Fl. 32819.(see map) | TIME: 10:15am.
This is across side street from hotel.
Two from Miami traveled last you on Jet Set and recommend it.

I was asked to research this by someone in Miami as an option for transportation for national. Please read info. including article below. I question on time performance and do not know how far from hotel this is.

Megabus is currently $1 each way. I heard this price is good until Mat 23, 2014 but did not verify.

 Miami, FL
megabus.com has stops located in downtown Miami and at Miami International Airport. Be careful! Check your reservation for exact stop location. The megabus.com stop for arrivals and departures in the downtown/port area is located in the parking lot at 600-642 NE 1st Ave. The megabus.com stop for arrivals and departures at Miami International Airport is located at bus stop 5 and 6 outside of concourse H at 2100 NW 42nd Avenue. For security reasons this is a dropoff only site. There is parking available adjacent to the stop. Please check the Miami International Airport's website for parking details.

Orlando, FL
The megabus.com stop in Orlando is located in the parking lot at 101-199 N Gertrude Ave.

Customer service: 1 (877) 462-6342
or megabus.com
Article found from Sarah Hagen, WTSP6:01 p.m. EDT May 15, 2014
Tampa, Florida -- A popular city-to-city bus with fares as low as a dollar -- also known as Megabus -- has arrived to Tampa, but not without some bumps in the road.
At the Marion Transit Center Thursday, a crowd of passengers waited for their ride to Orlando, but at one point people started to wonder -- did they get what they paid for?
When 10 News got to the terminal, people had their phones out taking pictures of the Megabus from Miami. But then, they went to their phones for something else -- the time. It was almost 3 p.m. when passengers finally boarded. The bus was supposed to be there at 1:30 p.m.
"I'm sure it's going to be cut short. We're turning around and coming right back," said one passenger. "I'm really concerned about the reliability," said another.
When we got off in a parking lot, we were a couple blocks from anything, including a transportation terminal. And like other passengers, because the bus was late -- we had to get right back on the other one. No time for Orlando for us today.
Aside from the bus being late, passengers say this was a smooth ride. The view, the bathrooms, the WiFi, the seats were all a hit, and the price was perfect -- just $1.
One passenger said, "We cant complain for a dollar."
Keep in mind, all of the seats are a dollar for the first week, then the prices will go up. But management says there will always be at least one seat for that price.
Megabus management says the bus was late because safety is more important than schedules on Day 1. We were also told the only time there is a refund is when the trip is canceled.
Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone