[Nfbf-l] Japanese Beer Cans Have Braille on them!

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 22 21:49:44 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,
Just one of the items I took from this web site, well, it stunned me!
LOL!
With Best Regards,
God Bless,
Alan
Plantation, Florida
 Please join me on
www.nfblive.org
where through learning, friendship, activities, and growth, together "we can
live the life we want."
- - -
Tokyo is an amazing cosmopolitan city but in a very Asian way so living or
visiting the city is likely to astonish you in at least 10 different ways.
Of course, these are cultural and modern technological differences which
makes being in a foreign city all that more thrilling and new. Keep in mind
that Japan is one of the countries where modern innovation applied in
practical use is highly encouraged so here goes for just some of the
incredible experiences you will enjoy while in Tokyo:

Japanese Beer Cans Have Braille
There are 2 things you will notice about beer cans from Japan. First, the
pull tab has been designed to be easier to open the can with a small indent
behind the tab so your knuckle doesn't have to graze the top of the can.
Second, it has Braille imprints to assist disadvantaged Japanese in buying
their favorite beer.  The Japanese government has recently begun
implementing better access to consumer goods for the blind.