[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: National Federation of the Blind to Distribute Freedom Scientific’s JAWS® Training Bundle

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 04:00:56 UTC 2015

This is an interesting development.

From: Jessica Wichmann
To: flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 5:30 PM
Subject: National Federation of the Blind to Distribute Freedom Scientific’s
JAWS® Training Bundle

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind to Distribute
Freedom Scientific’s JAWS® Training Bundle

NFB Independence Market to Sell Training Bundle Exclusively on NLS Cartridge

Baltimore, Maryland (April 22, 2015): The National Federation of the Blind,
the nation’s leading advocate for access by the blind to information and
technology, is pleased to be distributing the Job Access with Speech (JAWS)
Training Bundle developed by Freedom Scientific, the manufacturer of the
powerful JAWS screen reader and other popular access technologies. The
National Federation of the Blind Independence Market is exclusively selling
the JAWS Training Bundle on cartridges designed for use with the free DAISY
playback equipment available from the National Library Service for the Blind
and Physically Handicapped of the Library of Congress (NLS). This training
solution contains over fifty hours of training in the DAISY audio format on
how to use JAWS with your computer. All training is performed by
JAWS-certified instructors from Freedom Scientific. Topics include JAWS
basics, using JAWS with Windows 7 and 8 and with Microsoft Office 2010 and
2013, using JAWS on the internet, reading PDF files with JAWS, and more.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
“The National Federation of the Blind is committed to providing useful
products and resources to blind Americans, and to ensuring that they have
access to training on the use of cutting-edge technologies. Working with
Freedom Scientific to make the JAWS Training Bundle available to more blind
people in a format that they can easily use is certainly consistent with our
mission and represents another great milestone in the productive
relationship we are building with Freedom Scientific, one of the leading
innovators in the access technology field.”

John Blake, CEO of Freedom Scientific, said: "Our JAWS Training Bundle is
designed to complement the training provided by teachers of the visually
impaired and to promote self-study. Thanks to the NFB’s support and
commitment, this partnership will provide more students and professionals
the opportunity to develop their computer skills to achieve their
professional and personal goals.”

Ellen Ringlein, manager of the NFB Independence Market, said: “We are proud
to offer the JAWS Training Bundle in this portable format, which affords
users many advantages. Since the training content is on an NLS cartridge,
legally blind individuals can obtain playback equipment from their library
for the blind at no charge. Students can now study the JAWS training
materials from the comfort of their own homes and learn at their own pace.
It is easy to start and stop training, jump to or repeat particular lessons,
and access specific parts of the training for reference whenever needed.
Purchasing the training bundle is less expensive per hour than paying for
one-on-one training. Offering the JAWS Training Bundle in this format
represents exactly the kind of usefulness and convenience that we strive for
in all of our NFB Independence Market product offerings.”

For more information about the JAWS Training Bundle on the NLS cartridge or
other products and literature available from the NFB Independence Market,
please email independencemarket at nfb.org or call (410) 659-9314, extension
2216. You may also browse our catalog and ecommerce site online.

###

blindness is not what holds you back.

About Freedom Scientific

Freedom Scientific is the leading worldwide provider of assistive technology
products for those with vision impairments. The Company sells its products
worldwide and has offices in Florida and Switzerland. The Company's products
have been translated into 24 languages and are available in 55 countries.

National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States
410 659-9314

Unsubscribe from this mailing or unsubscribe from all future mailings.