[Nfbf-l] NFB National Senior Division 4th Conference Call Nationwide

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 13:33:27 UTC 2015

        SENIOR DIVISION 4TH CONFERENCE CALL NATIONWIDE

        Join colleagues and friends and fellow Federationists for the 4th Senior Division Conference call for 2015 Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at the usual times:

        4:00 eds,

        3:00 central,

        2:00 Mountain

        1:00 Pacific time.

        Topic:  Hobbies and Recreation; continue to pursue favorite pastime activities and try some new ones.  Moderator, Marguerite Woods.

        Marguerite came to Blind Industries and Services of Maryland for her blindness training joining first the senior, Seniors Achieving Independent living (SAIL)  program and then transferring in to the more intensive CORE, full residential training program.  Upon graduation she applied for and was accepted in to the  International Institute of Social Entrepremeurs for one year in India working with other people with disabilities on social projects.

        Marguerite is a motivational speaker, works in ceramics, line dancing and is a part of a book club. She reports she is checking out sailing as her newest venture.

        Come join her on this next call and share your experiences with adapting favorite hobbies or recreational activities you have learned since losing vision.  Ask questions on how to make adaptations and find how simple some of these techniques can be.

        The number to use is:

        712-432-1500

        Access code:

        759633 then pound.

        As always, we ask that when uyou enter the call you put your telephone on "mote" mode by pressing star 6.  You will e able to hear everything being said on the call but no one will hear any background noise in your location.  When you wish to speak, press star 6 to remove the "mote" mode and then state your name so the moderator can recotgnize you.  When not speaking, please return to the "mute" mode once again.

        The playback number to use is:

        712-432-1202 and then you are asked for the access code:

        759633 pound.  You then will be asked for a  reference number.  The reference numbers start with 2 and are consecutive.  We had three conference calls last year and then we recorded the seminar held at last year's annual convention which would be reference number 6 when added.  In may will have our 4th call for 2015.  It may take a few seconds for the system to connect to the conference call play back you are looking for.

        You can also go to our webpage seniors.nfb.org and find the link to our conference calls and either download or make a podcast to listen to the calls.

        Share this information with your friends and colleagues.  Although the senior division of the National Federation of the Blind is sponsoring these conference calls, you don't have to be a senior to participate.  You just have to pick up your phone and dial in to be a participant.

        Ruth Sager
        Coordinator, Senior Services
        Rehabilitation Division
        Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
        3345 Washington Boulevard
        Baltimore, MD 21227
        Office:  410-737-2649
        Fax:  410-737-2689
        www.bism.org<http://www.bism.org>

        [cid:image001.png at 01D03BBB.7BF8F220]

        SAVE THE DATE--August 20, 2015 POSSIBILITIES FAIR for Seniors Losing Vision Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
        3345 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21227 Recommended for Low Vision & Blind Seniors 55 +
        For more info, contact: Andy McIver, amciver at bism.org, 410-737-2648
        Ruth Sager, rsager at bism.org, 410-737-2649 Shirley Riffle, sriffle at bism.org, 410-737-2645