[Nfbf-l] The loss of my beloved Lionel my first Seeing Eye dog

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 20 17:33:21 UTC 2016

Dear Carlos,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Lionel. Although I never got to meet him, I can definitely share in your pain, as this is one of the most difficult tasks we as guide dog handlers must deal with.

Although all of our dogs are special to us, there is something about that very first one that can make them just a little more special. The only consolation is, as you said, he is no longer suffering, and in a much better place now, being  able to run free  without a care in the world.

Please know you in my    thoughts and prayers, and I send you peace and love during this very heart wrenching time. .