[Nfbf-l] The loss of my beloved Lionel my first Seeing Eye dog

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 20 15:41:28 UTC 2016

Dear Carlos,
	When you called me yesterday to relay the tragic news about Lionel,
well, you could tell that I was crying along with you. Lionel held a special
place in my heart considering the many months he spent with you, Davey and
me at the Louisiana Center for the Blind. Davey and Lionel hung out in the
dog room of the center while we went to our various classes. Davey and I
loved taking long walks with you and Lionel while at the center. That boy
was such a character. He loved everyone and so enjoyed getting into a little
mischief just to get us all laughing at his antics. Yes, Carlos, I so loved
your boy and tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type. My Davey is now 15
years old and continues to reside with my son and his wife in Michigan.
Davey was my beloved of all dogs. We love each one as they are just as
different in their personality traits as my children. I'm just glad that
both Davey and Lionel enjoyed such fun and relaxing years with people who
love them after they were retired from being that all important guide in the
harness. I am so thankful to God and to The Seeing Eye for blessing us both
with incredible guides. The only heart-ache of having a precious Seeing Eye
Dog is having to say good-bye or suffering through a terrible illness with
them as was recently the case with my Wade. Then you also had to send your
Jilly to The Rainbow Bridge at such a young age. I know your heart is heavy
but I am thankful that you have so many incredible memories. Lionel will be
awaiting you when God calls you home and then you'll cross the Rainbow
Bridge with both Lionel and Jilly to be with them forever.

With much love and deepest sympathy,

Kathy