[Nfbf-l] BFB legal department surveys

Denise Valkema valkemadenise at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 19:53:34 UTC 2016

Legal Department Surveys:
In an effort to gather critical accessibility information from members, the legal department is seeking information from members on the following topics:
·        Redbox
o    We are seeking members who have tried to use or would like to use Redbox video and video game rental kiosks.
·        Social Security Kiosks and Forms
o    We are gathering information regarding inaccessible field office kiosks or online forms.
·        Online Banking
o    We are gathering information pertaining to the accessibility of online-only banks.
·        Electronic Health Records
o    We are seeking information from employees and students required to use electronic health record systems on the job or for school purposes.
·        Employment
o    We are seeking information from anyone who has attempted to fill out an online job application or take an online employment test with screen-access software.
·        Common Core State Standard Assessments
o    We are seeking information regarding K-12 students who completed a 2015 PARCC or Smarter Balanced assessment or will be taking a 2016 PARCC or Smarter Balanced assessment.
·        Technology in Higher Education
o    We are gathering information regarding inaccessible technology and discriminatory practices and feedback on the accessibility of student loan documents.
·Applebee's
o We are seeking information about any experience you had with inaccessible touchscreen devices that are used for ordering food, paying a bill, and performing other tasks at Applebee's restaurants.

Please contact Valerie Yingling, paralegal at the National Federation of the Blind, atVyingling at nfb.org or (410) 659-9314, extension 2440 if you have experienced accessibility barriers pertaining to these issues. For Applebee's responses, please contact Tim Elder by telephone at (410) 415-3493, email attelder at trelegal.com.

Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone