[Nfbf-l] Elections

Jerry Heichelbeck karkrasy38 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 15:55:30 UTC 2017

Dear NFBF family, especially chapter presidents,
In just 3 weeks from today, we of the affiliate will be electing
members to serve us on the state board. One of those positions is a 1
year term as one of the 4 positions. This is to fill out a term
vacated due to personal reasons. I Jerry Heichelbeck of the CFC as
secretary, would like to submit my name as a potential candidate.
Below is a brief bio. of my past involvement in the Federation.

I lost most vision due to RP which I have had since birth 68 years
ago. Both parents were blind due to different conditions and many of
their friends were also blind, so I've been used to being around blind
people all my life. I joined the Missouri affiliate in 1971 as a
member of the St. Louis Chapter along with my mother. I had the
opportunity to serve in a few positions during my 9 years as a member
including : board member, secretary, and V.P. When we moved to Florida
in 1980, there was no chapter in Orlando. Then in 1983, I was
introduced to Dan and Sherri Hicks who started a chapter earlier that
year. As they say, the rest is history. I have served as : board
member, treasurer, secretary, V.P., and even President for 5 years at
the turn of the new century. Yes, this century. I am currently serving
a 2 year term as secretary.
I feel it's time to serve on our state board as the voice of
experience. I am also a firm believer in the 3 parts of the
NFBphilosophy.
Please consider me as a new member of the Florida state board on
Monday morning at convention.
Thanks much and many blessings, Jerry Heichelbeck CFC secretary