[Nfbf-l] I am looking to connect to those members who are possibly able to help in training sighted instructors on working with the Blind in the world of Golfing and Tennis

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 15:38:12 UTC 2017

Good morning everyone:

This is Cheryl Echevarria, member of the NFB of Florida and Board Member of the National Association of Blinded Veterans.

Many of you know that I am a Trusted Travel Adviser since 2008, and that I went into this business to bring Dream Vacations to fruition to everyone, especially us the blind.

When I travel to many destinations and like to many travel partners locations and destinations, and also being lucky enough to be a Member  of the East Orlando Chamber of Commerce that I have connections with places like the brand new USTA - United States Tennis Association National Campus, which the Chamber had a tour of this campus yesterday, which is right next to Orlando International Airport, and should any of our groups wish to take a tour here in the future, I can arrange it.

Or when I go to our all-inclusive resorts that we are partnered with like Sandals, Beaches, ClubMed (which by the way, one of their many resorts across the world, the only all-inclusive resort in the United States  is located in Port St. Lucie, Florida) includes in the price of their trips is Golfing and Tennis instruction.

So when I am at these properties or at the USTA like I was yesterday, I ask if they have programs for those who are disabled, and they said yes, and then I mention, what about the blind clients. Since the USTA is a National Destination, you may have heard of the US Open in New York, well same organization, people come and learn to play and compete from all over the country and the world from the very young to the very old.

Many of them have said to me, if they have people willing to come and show and instruct the instructors on how to work with the blind.

Who knows with the right connections, this could be a great job opportunity, that I am not guaranteeing but at the same time, you will be making a difference for those who are blind and want to play and learn these two very popular sports.

If you are interested or know someone who might fit the bill, have them email me off list at reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com> and we can network with my connections.

Thank you.

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com<mailto:cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>
407-910-6469 home number