[Nfbf-l] An Update on My Independence

Brian Norton benorton at samobile.net
Sat Dec 15 02:01:56 UTC 2018

Congradulations Roanna,
I am glad you are expanding your abilities towards greater
independence. I attended the Daytona Rehab Center eighteen months ago.
During that time, Peter Cerullo encouraged me to join the Florida NFB
Greater Daytona Beach  chapter and further encouraged me to apply to
Daytona State College. I was uncertain of my future and somewhat
fearful that I would not be able to succeed. With the great help of the
instructors at DSC, I have now become amazed at my progress towards
real independence and a career.
I encourage you to attend our next chapter meeting in January, and if
you wish, will add your name to our email notification of the
date/time/place of our group gathering.
Happy holidays,
Brian Norton
National Federation of the Blind
Florida NFB Greater Daytona Beach President
386.871.3359