[Nfbf-l] Legislative Action Alert needs Immediate Attention

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 03:55:23 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation Family,

We need your help!

On Friday, March 9th we are encouraging you to send the attach letter from
Senator Duckworth of Illinois to Senator Bill Nelson's office by email or
fax. If you know of someone who cannot email or fax, please encourage them
to call Senator Nelson's office in Washington D.C. and their closest local
office listed below. Individuals who call may just ask that Senator Nelson
please sign the letter written from Senator Duckworth that he will be
receiving from disabled Floridians from across the state today. Please ask
that the Senator sign this letter.

If this letter receives 51 signatures the chance of a companion bill to H.R.
620 being dropped on the Senate side is slim to none. Although, the National
Federation of the Blind is bipartisan, unfortunately H.R. 620 appeared
supported by one party over the other. At this time, please send this letter
to Senator Bill Nelson's office only.  We will have more action needed in a
few days and will keep you updated. You will find an example email if you'd
like to use, as well as the list of Senator Nelson's offices with telephone,
fax numbers, and email information  below. If you have any questions please
reach out to me or Camille.

Let's go Florida!

In Federation Love!

Camille & Merry

Example email to Senator's Nelson Regional Director:

Dear Ms. Alvarez,

Please find attached a letter composed by Senator Duckworth to Majority
Leader McConnell and Minority Leader Schumer articulating the importance of
opposing H.R. 620. I am requesting Senator Nelson please sign this letter
today.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by email or
telephone.  My telephone number is 813/625-1850.

Sincerely,

Merry C. Schoch, LCSW

Direct email for  Digna C. Alvarez, Regional Director for Senator Nelson

Digna_Alvarez at billnelson.senate.gov

Website address to email: https://www.billnelson.senate.gov/contact-bill

Senator Bill Nelson

Washington D.C.  Office

United States Senate

716 Senate Hart Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202-224-5274
Fax: 202-228-2183

Broward Office

2000 Main Street

Suite 801

Fort Myers, FL 33901

Phone: 239-334-7760
Fax: 239-334-7710

Ft. Myers Office

2000 Main Street

Suite 801

Fort Myers, FL 33901

Phone: 239-334-7760
Fax: 239-334-7710

Jacksonville Office

2000 Main Street

Suite 801

Fort Myers, FL 33901

Phone: 239-334-7760
Fax: 239-334-7710

Miami-Dade Office

2555 Ponce De Leon Boulevard

Suite 610

Coral Gables, FL 33134

Phone: 305-536-5999
Fax: 305-536-5991

Orlando Office

225 East Robinson Street

Suite 410

Orlando, FL 32801

Phone: 407-872-7161 or toll free in Florida: 1-888-671-4091
Fax: 407-872-7165

Tallahassee Office

111 North Adams Street

Tallahassee, FL 32301