[Nfbf-l] Reasons for resolutions

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Wed Mar 14 19:11:47 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation Family,

Soon there will be a call for resolutions. Before this information is sent,
we thought  we would provide our membership, especially those new to our
organization, why we have resolutions and a resolution committee during our
state convention. Please see this information below:

The policies of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida are
established by

resolutions adopted by the state convention. Each year the Resolutions

Committee meets early during the convention in the presence of members of
the state affiliate. Each proposed resolution is read, spoken for by the
authoring

Federationist, considered, and then ultimately withdrawn or recommended for

passage or disapproval by the full convention.

Through the state convention resolutions, we establish the governing
policies

of our organization!

With warmest regards,

Camille Tate and Merry Schoch