[Nfbf-l] HART Paratransit

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Fri Mar 30 16:10:40 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation Family,

I have spoken with a HART Paratransit administrator and her email with
detailed information is below. However, a few things for you to be aware of
when using the service. First, if your transportation to our area is running
behind and you are not able to be available in the thirty minute window then
you will need to cancel that paratransit trip by calling customer service
at 813/254-4278. When you arrive in  Tampa you may use the same day service
which is currently Yellow Cab by calling 666-6666. Make sure you tell those
customer service reps that you are a HART plus customer. Melissa will be
sending Yellow Cab your information so they know you are eligible for the
service. You will be asked if you are paying by cash or voucher unless you
purchase the voucher in advance you will pay $4.00 cash  upfront. When
arriving at the hotel, if the fare is over $20.00 you will pay the overage,
for example, if the total fare is $25.00 you will pay an additional $5.00
over the $4.00 you paid. There is one benefit with this service over the
regular paratransit service and that is you pay per trip and not per person,
at least that has been my experience; whereas, paratransit is $4.00 per
person. The downside is that your wait time is up  in the air.

Since Melissa's email has more information than what was sent to the lists
yesterday please read the below:

Melissa's  contact information is listed below:

Melissa Hernandez

Phone: 813-384-6445

Fax: 813-384-6281

Per our conversation this morning regarding your state convention there may
be around 150-250 visitors applying for Visitor Status.

Listed below is the information their transit agency would have to provide:

*	Active Eligibility Paperwork/Form
*	Name
*	Phone number
*	Date Range of Trip
*	Address of location the visitor will be staying
*	There are other questions I will ask when I speak to he/she (Melissa
will call you to confirm  your visitor status, but as I mentioned in the
previous email, it is important for you to follow up as well to make sure
you do not get lost in the paperwork).

If there are any questions, please contact me. Reminder, please have them
send me their information as soon as they can in order for me to start
entering everyone into the system and that I can ensure the list is e-mailed
to Yellow Cab. Please keep in mind it would be difficult if I receive any
paperwork the same day of arrival.

Melissa Hernandez

HARTPlus