[Nfbf-l] Para-transit

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 00:44:34 UTC 2018

A few more comments are in order about Volusia County.

You can get receipts when you purchase tokens for payment, but there is no
annual statement as far as I know.

One thing that can sometimes be helpful is thate system where you get a call
giving the estimated time of arrival of your ride, though understandably it
isn't always fully accurate.  It is best to set this up with your cell
phone, so you get notice of trips when you are away from home.  You also get
reminder calls the day before trips that prior evening with an opportunity
to cancel if necessary.

While the Votran Gold paratransit service has limited hours especially
outside certain core service areas, it does pretty well for the size of our
community.  I think it has helped that we have the amount of blindness
training programs here that we do.

Bill Outman
Secretary, Greater Daytona Beach Chapter
National Federation of the Blind