[Nfbf-l] Attempting an Experiment with the 1-Minute Message

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Mon Sep 17 22:33:34 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federationists,

                I am attempting an experiment with the 1-minute message.
This experiment involves creating a sound collage of individuals saying the
1-minute message. Since it is an experiment, I am unsure if it will work out
and, if it does, how good the end product will be. However, if you would
like to be a part of this experiment, here is what I want you to do.

1.       Find a quiet room with little echo. Carpeted Bedrooms and living
rooms work very well for this;

2.       Open the app Voice Memos or whatever recording app you have on your
phone;

3.      Record the 1-minute message on your smart phone. Please give
yourself a few seconds before beginning, as well as a few  seconds after you
stop, otherwise the recording will be cut off and/or have Voiceover
interrupting your recording;

4.      Be sure you save your recording. In Voice Memos, press "done";

5.      Find the "share" button and choose share by email;

6.      Send your recording to me at

info at nagdu.org

I will do my very best to use a piece of each recording that is sent but I
cannot guarantee this, as the choice will be based upon the recording and
how it fits within the whole. I look forward to receiving everyone's
recordings and producing a really cool product for our Florida affiliate!

Fraternally yours,

Marion