[Nfbf-l] Legislative update

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Wed Sep 19 20:14:06 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation Family,

Please see an update of our legislative  priorities from President Riccobono:

Advocacy Update:
Thank you for all of your calls and emails regarding the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act (S. 2559) and the Access Technology Affordability Act (H.R. 1734/S. 732). Regarding Marrakesh, Neil Romano, chair of the National Council on Disability and presidential appointee, has written a letter to House leadership urging them to pass the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act. Mr. Romano spoke at our most recent convention and his letter can be found athttps://ncd.gov/publications/2018/ncd-letter-house-judiciary-committee-and-house-leadership-regarding-marrakesh.

Regarding the ATAA, we are up to thirteen cosponsors in the Senate and we are hoping to get the score from the Joint Committee on Taxation later this week.

Please continue to call Chairman Goodlatte and urge him to discharge the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act back to the full House, and please also call your representatives and urge them to cosponsor H.R. 1734. If you need additional information, you can email John Pare at jpare at nfb.org <mailto:jpare at nfb.org> , or reach him by phone at 410-659-9314 <tel:410-659-9314> , extension 2218.

This section from Merry:

I am scheduling appointments for my work on the Hilll next Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will need your support while there. An email will go out providing you information  on who to contact while I am up there.  Let’s see if we can get Florida’s full support on HR 1734.

Thanks and love!

Merry and Camille

Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida

(305)972-8529

president at nfbflorida.org <mailto:president at nfbflorida.org>

www.nfbflorida.org <http://www.nfbflorida.org>

Follow us @nfbflorida