[NFBF-L] Braille Monitor survey

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 17:30:39 UTC 2020

Participate in Braille Monitor Survey

     The Braille Monitor is a magazine that the Federation has published
since 1957. We call it our flagship publication. In terms not so tied to
the Navy, this means that it should be the lead publication of our
organization, the one which all of us follow and contribute to in order to
share what is going on in our Federation Family, the latest news about
blindness-related activities, and the place we record the major milestones
of the National Federation of the Blind's progress.
     For some time now, we have been seeing Federationists-new
Federationists in particular, we believe-who don't seem to know about the
Braille Monitor and who have not subscribed because of it. We have
assembled a survey that will ask participants a number of things about the
Monitor, including whether someone has offered to sign them up for it;
whether they read it and why not if the answer is no; and what should
change to make the Monitor more the kind of magazine they want to see as
the flagship publication of our organization.
     The Braille Monitor reflects many of our traditions, but it also must
evolve enough to clearly be relevant in this decade and those to come.
Please help us by telling us what you want, what you need, and what you
will read. Together we will keep making history, and the Braille Monitor
will continue to tell our story about defining a problem, talking it
through, and doing what it takes to see that it gets solved. Thank you for
helping the publication that states boldly "We are the Blind Speaking for
Ourselves."

How to Complete the Survey

 . Online:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BrailleMonitor
   . Phone: 667-888-2454
   . Mail: Remove the survey from Monitor, mark your answers with an "X,"
     and mail FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND to Braille Monitor Survey, National
     Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230.

Braille Monitor Survey

Please complete the following survey questions.
  1. How long have you been reading the Braille Monitor?
     . I've never read the Braille Monitor.
     . 0-5 years.
     . 6-10 years
     . 11-15 years
     . More than 15 years
     . I've read it, but then I decided not to continue reading it.

  2. If you've never read the Braille Monitor or you decided not to
     continue reading it, please tell us why. If you read it regularly,
     skip to question three.
     . I didn't know about it.
     . I am not much of a reader.
     . From the name I thought it was only available in Braille.
     . The articles do not seem relevant to me.
     . I would read it if the articles were (please specify)

  3. How did you hear about the Braille Monitor?
     . Chapter meeting or chapter president
     . Affiliate convention
     . National convention
     . NFB email, NFB website, or other NFB promotion
     . I've never heard about it.
     . Other (please specify)

  4. What is your preferred reading method for magazines?
     . Braille (hard copy)
     . Print (hard copy)
     . Online/Web
     . Email
     . Podcasts
     . USB
     . NFB-NEWSLINE

  5. What information are you looking for in the Braille Monitor? You may
     select more than one.
     . Organization philosophy
     . Personal stories about blind people
     . Legal and advocacy updates
     . Articles about technology
     . Updates from affiliates, divisions, and chapters
     . National event roundups
     . Tips and advice
     . Recipes
     . Other (please specify)

  6. Please provide any additional feedback regarding the Braille Monitor.

Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you for your participation in our
Braille Monitor Survey.
—-
Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida
(305)972-8529
president at nfbflorida.org
www.nfbflorida.org
Follow us @nfbflorida