[NFBF-L] Important NFB Newsline Information...

Russell Davis russell at radiorusty.com
Thu Mar 26 15:13:07 UTC 2020

Hello to all my fellow NFB Newsline fans and to all who might be fans
someday,

This past Tuesday evening a statewide conference call took place in order to
allow Affiliate members to share how they were doing during these unusual
times of social-distancing and self-isolation. It was really terrific
hearing so many people present on the call. We also had the opportunity to
hear about resources available to us all, resources that can make our lives
just a little bit easier each day. I was honored with the chance to provide
information about the free  service known as NFB Newsline Perhaps you've
heard of it? I hope so! If you haven't our wonderful NFB Newsline of Florida
marketers and I would love the opportunity to tell you more about how you
can read hundreds of newspapers and magazines for free by simply dialing a
phone number or opening an app. on your IOS device.

I was asked to provide some details about how folks can  obtain information
about NFB Newsline, and so I hope the info. I list below will be helpful to
you.

NFB Newsline is currently offering  coverage about the Corona Virus,
COVID-19 situation in its Breaking News section. The system has been
programmed to search the 34 publications and news outlets who currently
provide breaking news stories. An easy to find shortcut option has been set
up to allow subscribers to quickly find who is providing updated COVID19
information. I spent some time recently listening to some of these stories,
(using both the dial-up access method and the NFB Newsline mobile app. on my
iPhone. Both methods provided me with the news I wanted, with ease.

If you are calling into NFB Newsline using a landline or mobile phone, call
Newsline using your local area phone number, login to your account and
follow the steps below:

>From the "Main Menu", enter 5. This is the "read newspapers in a different
state" option

Press 1, this is the "breaking news section"

Press 1 again, this is the "COVID-19 breaking news section"

Select the news feeds from either today or yesterday

Select from any of the 34 publications listed by following the prompt for
that publications selection

Select the article you would like to listen to.

Remember that pressing the * key on your phones keypad will move you back
one section. I use this feature a lot.

If you are using the NFB Newsline mobile app. follow the steps below:

>From the home screen, select "Publications"

Next, select "Publication Options"

Then, select, "All Publications"

Next, select "breaking news search results for Corona COVID-19 virus". (This
will be near the top of the screen just above the alphabetical listings for
all publications).

The listing of publications will provide you with the most current editions,
but you can review the previous issues by tapping the button at the bottom
of the screen.

Your NFB of Florida Newsline team is ready to provide you with help and
support seven days a week. Whether you need assistance setting up a new
account, retrieving login information and local area call-in phone numbers
or help with learning how to navigate the service, we're happy to help. We
are truly excited about the opportunity to enroll new subscribers to NFB
Newsline or to help previous subscribers get reacquainted with this amazing
resource.

You can reach us by calling 1-844-827-7371, (between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00
p.m.), or you may email us at: newslinesupport at nfbflorida.org.

Wishing you all  good health and lots of sunshine, remember, you can live
the life you want,

Russ Davis, Coordinator

NFB Newsline of Florida

ph. 844-827-7371 ext. 1