[NFBF-L] Deaf Blind speaker tonight @7pm

Brian Norton brian.edward.norton at outlook.com
Tue May 12 14:30:32 UTC 2020

Greetings Florida NFBF Deaf Blind Division members and supporters,
Tonight we have the privilege of an interesting and knowledgeable speaker, Anindya "Bapin" Bhattacharyya, whose biography I briefly quote:

"I am totally DeafBlind and currently work as the coordinator of the National Outreach Technology Development and Training Program at the Helen Keller National Center (HKNC) based in NY, but have a branch office in California. My responsibilities involve 1) training consumers and technology trainers from all over the nation who have a wide range of vision and hearing loss to use computers via braille access, screen magnification, and speech output, 2) evaluating and beta testing various Windows- and Mac OS X-based applications, prototypes of new products, and telecommunications equipment and services for people with access needs, and 3) communicating with key people involved with designing and manufacturing these products to ensure they are accessible, user-friendly, and cost-efficient."

  *   I am also in charge of the Florida and Iowa DeafBlind equipment distribution programs and travel back and forth between these states every 2-3 months to provide technology assessments, distribute equipment, and training to all eligible consumers. In addition, I am responsible for researching, purchasing equipment, and installing and configuring equipment prior to distribution.

  *
This Free phone conference call on Tuesday May 12th 2020 at 7pm:
Dial-in number:
 (605) 313-5111
Access code:      305480
I will forward to the NFBF list his  more complete email with attachments concerning access to services.
I hope you can attend,
Brian Norton
NFBF Greater Daytona Beach President
NFBF Deaf Blind Division President