[NFBF-L] Purchasing Car Insurance as a Blind Person in Fl.

Marilyn Baldwin commmdb at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 02:55:04 UTC 2021

I have a friend from high school who has recently become a widow, do to her husband’s death from Covid. He had recently purchased a new van for the family. She wants to renew their automobile insurance. The insurance company stated that a sighted driver must sign in order to get the coverage they had before her husband’s death. Mrs. Randolph wants the insurance because her adult children have serious medical issues and are also unable to drive. They could need to go for treatment at any time for their Chronic Health conditions. Has anyone experienced this situation before, and what did you do to maintain your auto insurance for your family and those who will drive you? Thank you for your assistance with my question.

Marilyn Baldwin
President
Central Fl. Chapter
NFBF