[NFBF-L] Purchasing Car Insurance as a Blind Person in Fl.

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 03:39:22 UTC 2021

Hi Marilyn,

I recently tried to do this with my daughter-in-law.  You have to assign a designated driver and she would have been the designated driver.  Then the car must stay at your residence, not at the residence of the designated driver.  GEICO offers this.  I tried to do it, but had said that the car would be with my daughter-in-law at her residence.  Well, the agent immediately said no.  When I tried to get clarification from this guy, he would not offer any information saying I already told him that the car would not be with me.

A few years back I had called the insurance commissioner’s office and they were absolutely no help.

I know someone who is vision impaired and gave me this information about having a designated driver.  Right now I don’t remember what the vision impaired person is called on the policy.  Maybe someone else can give you more information.

Good luck.

Annely