[NFBF-L] needing recommendations

1587 at BELLSOUTH.net 1587 at BELLSOUTH.net
Fri Apr 16 19:50:52 UTC 2021

Hello:

I have used OpenBook for some decades now and have not found a flat-bed
scanner that did not work with it.  For example, HP, Brother, and some
lesser known brands.  The drivers in your PC will help you to connect the
PC to the scanner by USB or Wi-Fi.  I am currently using a Wi-Fi connection
and it works like magic.  Openbook will easily find your scanner once the
PCC recognizes it.  Like all technology it takes a little to get it all
connected, but once done, it is great.

JD

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Michael Russillo via
NFBF-L
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:41 PM
To: kroskos--- via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Michael Russillo <plrussillo at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [NFBF-L] needing recommendations

Hi Kathy, I have a Brother all-in-one machine; it works fine with OpenBook
and the Docuscan program from Serotek which is now Pneuma Solutions; since
you're using OpenBook ask someone from Freedom Scientific about a good
machine that supports OpenBook; the Brother machines you can get from
Amazon or if you need it immediately Staples or Office Depot stores may
have Brother machines; hope this helps; thanks.

Yours truly, Peter