[NFBF-L] Seeking Southeastern Consumers

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Mar 24 19:22:53 UTC 2021

Please circulate the following message as widely as appropriate!

March 24, 2021

                I have been contacted by an investigative reporter from a
major national media outlet wishing to do a story about the recent issues
concerning Southeastern Guide Dogs. Such a piece would have a tremendous
positive effect on the way consumers of guide dog training programs are
treated, as Southeastern is not the only program with such authoritative,
paternalistic, and - perhaps - illegal policies and practices. Even those
programs with sound policies and procedures have contacted me asking if they
are doing enough! I hope this momentum continues and others will stand
strong against these behaviors!

                We are seeking southeastern Guide Dog consumers in one or
more of the following categories:

1.	Southeastern Guide Dog consumers who have been contacted by
telephone, threatened with the repossession of their dogs but resisted and
kept their dogs
2.	Southeastern Guide Dog consumers who have been contacted by
telephone, threatened with the repossession of their dogs and resisted but
had their dog removed anyway;
3.	Southeastern consumers who have had a representative show up at
their residence or work either unannounced or with very little notice, were
threatened with the repossession of their dog, resisted the repossession,
and kept their dog;
4.	Southeastern consumers who have had a representative show up at
their residence or work either unannounced or with very little notice, were
threatened with the repossession of their dog, resisted the repossession,
but had their dog removed anyway; or
5.	Southeastern guide Dog consumers - especially those who graduated in
the last two years - willing to share when and how the Southeastern
"Transfer of ownership" agreement was presented.

We especially would like to hear from anyone who has had their dog removed
in the last two months and the individual who was dismissed from training
during the current Southeastern class. All identities will be kept strictly
confidential unless you choose to let us reveal your identity. You may
contact us either by sending an email message to

Blind411 at verizon.net <mailto:Blind411 at verizon.net>

Or by calling (813) 626-2789 between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EDT; voice and
email messages are also confidential.

Marion Gwizdala

(813) 626-2789

Blind411 at verizon.net <mailto:Blind411 at verizon.net>