[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Response to FOIA Request of June 23, 2011 - MCB Special Mtg. Recording & Draft Minutes

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 19:01:17 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (DELEG)
To: joe harcz Comcast
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (DELEG) ; Luzenski, Sue (DELEG) ; Farmer, Mel (LARA) ; Jones, Leamon (DELEG) ; Turney, Susan (DELEG)
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 2:28 PM
Subject: Response to FOIA Request of June 23, 2011 - MCB Special Mtg. Recording & Draft Minutes

July 18, 2011

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This letter/email is in response to your June 23, 2011, email request, received on June 24, 2011, to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB) for copies of records you describe as:

."request the entire recording of today's "special meeting" relative to the "draft State Plan" as well as the draft meeting minutes.

I request that the recording is sent to me on a flashcard or other digital medium to my physical address. Further I request that the required draft minutes are sent to me as a Word attachment or plain text enclosure to my e-mail address listed above."

Please be informed that the LARA/MCB is processing this request under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231, et seq.

Your request is granted as to all existing, nonexempt information/records within the Department that are responsive to your request.  The draft minutes from the meeting of June 23, 2011, are attached in the email sent on this date.  The audio recording (on a flash drive) has been placed in the US mail on this date to the address above.

Letter - P.J. Harcz, Jr.

July 18, 2011

Page 2 of 2

The cost of this request is under $25.00 and we waive the fee in this instance.  This does not prohibit us from charging in the future for other requests from you or other requesters.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

/cmh