[nfbmi-talk] Fw: NO LIMITS Youth Outreach Bridge Walk SEPT1-5

melinda latham youthslammi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 02:32:45 UTC 2011

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI
517.505.1637

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: melinda latham <youthslammi at yahoo.com>
To: "melinda.latham at lansingschools.net" <melinda.latham at lansingschools.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:05 PM
Subject: Fw: [nfbmi-talk] NO LIMITS Youth Outreach Bridewalk  SEPT1-5

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI
517.505.1637

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: melinda latham <youthslammi at yahoo.com>
To: nfb mi <nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:43 AM

GREETINGS,

I Pleased to report that the Michael Seay Memorial Bridge Walk is taking place again this year.  The fun will begin on Thursday, September 1,2011.  We will being staying at Camp Arbutus, a beautiful YMCA camp in Traverse City.  We have tons of activities and excitement planned for you.  Such activities may include rock climbing, canoeing, fishing,zip line, campfires, climbing sand dunes, and so much more.  Also, don't forget about the five mile Bridge walk that will take place on Monday Morning Sept 5.  We are super excited about our plans for you!!!!!

Details:
Attached you will find details and forms needed for the trip.  Please, pay close attention to deadlines.  Because we are working with others to make this event go,

We also are excited about the possibility of another affiliate joining us this year.  We will announce the details of that once it
 has been made official.  I mention it to say get ready to bring your A game for some friendly competition.

There will be a central pickup in Lansing, with a possibility of other stops throughout the State based on demand.

Fees and deadlines:

The cost of this years event will be $225 for youth and $200 for adults.  This includes all activities, transportation and food, with the exception of two meals.  We are expecting that the cost of those meals be around $20.   There is a $25 NONREFUNDABLE deposit that is due NO LATER than August 15th.   The remaining balance is due NO LATER THAN August 29,2011.   This will be strictly enforced.

Scholarships for up to $200 are available for youth 18 and under.  Contact MDE_LIO for details( Info attached).  Please notify me as well if your applying so i can send the proper paper work.

Mentors are needed.
 Please contact me if your interested.

We are also looking for donations of snacks, water or money to purchase these items or other expenses.

More details are provided in the attached documents.

We'd like to thank Dean Transportation and MDE_LIO for their assistance in making this event possible.

Thank you,

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI
517.505.1637
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nfbmi-talk:
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmi-talk_nfbnet.org/youthslammi%40yahoo.com