[nfbmi-talk] NO LIMITS Youth Outreach Bridewalk SEPT1-5

Cheryl Wade wadecher at msu.edu
Fri Jul 29 02:32:52 UTC 2011

    Hello, Melinda,

Thank you for adding my name to your e-mail list. I am more than halfway
through a master's degree in rehabilitation counseling and am totally blind.
I am looking for ways in which I might advocate for young people who are
blind, mentor them or even teach literary Braille or Braille music.

I probably won't be able to attend the bridge walk, but would like to know
if there are any other specific ways I might volunteer in the Lansing area.

I left my job nearly two years ago and came here to school because my heart
is broken for many people who are blind. They've either gotten the shaft
from organizations or people, or haven't received proper training, or don't
believe they can solve their own problems or establish their own definition
of success. I want to work with individuals so that I can become a
new-school counselor with client-first prospedctives and atypical solutions
to problems. I'm trying to network with people who are doing cutting-edge
things, people who might need a volunteer such as myself, people who can
teach me valuable lessons for my future career.

Please send my information to anyone with whom I could network.

Cheryl Wade
2791 Northwind Drive, Apt. 56
East Lansing, MI, 48823