[NFBMI-Talk] sad news

mpowell7583 at yahoo.com mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 22:56:23 UTC 2021

Hello to all.

I am sorry to have to inform you that long time Detroit chapter member Adam
Parker died Saturday morning.  As you may know a few weeks ago we learned
that he was going into hospice care as he had confided to one of our members
that he learned that he had pancreatic cancer.

Adam will always be remembered as one who was ready and able to help others
when asked.  Some of us thought he had more vision than he actually did as
he offered to go anywhere with you if you needed or to get something if
requested.  He was in charge of the hospitality suite at our 2009 national
convention when it was held in Detroit at the Renaissance Center.  Adam
believed in the National Federation of the blind and the hope it offers
particularly to those new to blindness.

When he encountered difficulties, as we all do, he didn't let on.  He wanted
to help others keep their hopes up.  As his vision was getting worse he told
me that it was something you just have to learn to deal with and that's just
the way it is

it's important to keep pushing yourself to keep going because that is what
we believe.

Rest in peace, dear brother.

Michael Powell, President NFB of Michigan