[Nfbofnc] Lincolnton County chapter requests advice from otherchapters

Debbie mouseless at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 8 20:08:43 UTC 2011

Hi, Lee,

As far as speakers go, what comes to mind are people from civic
organizations like the Junior League or Lions club, and agencies like the
Red Cross, Division of Services for the Blind, teachers of the visually
impaired, United Way and SSA.  Or, possibly someone from Hospice.  If you
have former Veterans, you might have someone from the VA come and speak.

Our chapter has had yard sales, a pancake breakfast, 50-50 drawing tickets,
and Belks charity days.

Finally, perhaps some of your members who went blind recently had
interesting jobs in the past.

Congratulations on what will prove to be a rewarding experience for all
concerned,

Debbie