[Nfbv-announce] Request for books for teaching Nemeth(math) Braille code

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:18:57 UTC 2010

An announcement from Kim Avila [krwa at verizon.net]

All,

I will be teaching Braille Reading and Writing again next semester.  This is
our advanced course in Braille that includes, Nemeth, computer, music,
chemical and foreign language codes.  In my efforts to provide access to a
variety of materials for my students who are preparing to become teachers of
students with visual impairments, I am searching for math braille books
embossed with Nemeth code.  Students benefit from getting their hands on a
variety of teaching tools so they can evaluate formatting and styles from a
diverse group of materials.  If you have a book with embossed Nemeth code
you are willing to donate, please email me at kavila at gmu.edu  Books can be
old, new or any level of math.

Thank you,
Kim Avila