[Nfbv-announce] Greater Springfield Chapter - September 14 Meeting Announcement - Come and DANCE!!!

lpovinelli lpovinelli at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 15:43:47 UTC 2010

September Meeting Announcement

Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 7 PM
The meeting will be held at the John Marshall Library located at 6209 Rose Hill Drive, Alexandria, Virginia.

This month we have a wonderful and exciting program.  We have Jordana Starr and her fiance Michael coming to talk to us, and even provide a quick instruction, on how to do various forms of dancing as a blind person.  They've had experience teaching fellow federationists Michael and C.J. Fish, Larry & Sue Povinelli, Bob Hartt and Bonnie O'Day.

Here is a quick bio.
Mike and Jordana began ballroom dancing in college, when they both competed on the Tufts University Ballroom Dance Team in 19 different dances.  Since leaving the competitive dance world, Mike and Jordana have become professional instructors, specializing in teaching new dancers with little to no previous experience.  Though many of their students are couples preparing for their weddings, they have taught children as young as age 6 and seniors well into their 80s. Notably, Mike and Jordana are two of only a handful of dance instructors in the country who teach the visually impaired.

In addition to private lessons, Mike and Jordana also teach and perform at special events like birthday parties, bridal showers, and corporate functions.  Some of their past clients include the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Gephardt family, and the Department of Defense.

Please come and join us and bring a friend along to hear all about dancing.  You might even get a quick lesson.

So come and join us tomorrow evening Tuesday, September 14!