[Nfbv-announce] Blind Driver Experience

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Fri Apr 22 18:14:29 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Parnell Diggs, Chairman NFB Imagination Fund
[mailto:imaginationfund at nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 2:11 PM
To: fschroeder at sks.com
Subject: Blind Driver Experience

National Federation of the Blind logo

Picture of blind boy driving the Blind Driver Challenge prototype vehicle

Race for Independence logo

Dear Colleagues:

I have developed an "Ask" letter dealing with the Blind
Driver Experience to demonstrate how easy it is to solicit Imagination
Fund donations.  You may find it among your sample letters in
your Participant Center or use the text below.  Please use some
of it, none of it, all of it, or whatever you like.  But whatever
you do, please get signed up and begin raising your money for the 2011
Imagination Fund campaign.

Dear Friend,

I am participating in the 2011 National Federation of the Blind
Imagination Fund campaign, and I need your help.  If I raise
$1,000 by June 15, 2011, I will qualify to be in a drawing for a
chance to participate in the Blind Driver Experience during the
National Federation of the Blind convention this summer in Orlando,
Florida.

What is the Blind Driver Experience?  If selected, I will get to
ride alongside a blind driver in an automobile equipped with
state-of-the-art technology, which made it possible for a blind person
to drive on the Daytona International Speedway on January 29, 2011,
without sighted assistance.

But I need to raise $1,000, and every little bit helps.  I would
be grateful for anything you can do.  Are blind people destined
for a future full of opportunity?  Or do we face a fate of
futility and despair?  It depends on you and me.

Thanks very much.

You may copy and paste this message into the Headline and Text box of
the Edit page of your Personal Page before you make your ask to your
contacts or send it as an e-mail with a link to your Personal
Page.  If you are not yet registered for the 2011 Imagination
Fund, signing up online is possible by clicking
www.RaceforIndependence.org.  Please don't delay!
http://www.raceforindependence.org/site/R?i=szpseFIsQtdvEK5t2aNnew..