[Nfbv-announce] Walk with the Blind Rain or Shine

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Fri Apr 22 22:46:25 UTC 2011

Federationists,

Our Fredericksburg Area Chapter's  9th annual Walk with the Blind was a
great success!

We had nearly 50 participants and raised over $3500 for our Chapter
scholarships and programs.

Despite the rain, the Mayor of the City, Tom Tomzak and Congressman Rob
Wittman greeted us at 10 AM on Saturday, April 16.

Gift certificates worth over $600 were distributed to walkers for their
shopping and eating enjoyment.

Folks from Richmond and Arlington joined us as we  continued to change what
it means to be Blind.

Thank you to all the shops on Caroline Street that supported the Walk!
Thank you Melody, Mark, Louise, Joe, Sandy, John and Nancy for coming to
join us.

Thanks to  team Hannah, as well as our scholarship winners Greg and Jaclyn.
Special thanks to  Vicki and Laurie.

And to all our donors.the money will be spent wisely.

Michael Kasey

President, Fredericksburg Area chapter NFBV

2 Corinthians 5:7   (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)