[Nfbv-announce] Expenses for Richmond Seminar

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Dec 5 08:15:06 UTC 2011

Good morning all,

As you know, the Richmond Seminar is coming up next month. It is important
that we have a good showing to make the members of the General Assembly know
that we take our legislative issues very seriously.

In the past we have covered the hotel and transportation expenses for
members attending the Richmond Seminar. We had looked at modifying the
process this year to conserve funds; however a number of individuals have
raised the concern that asking people to seek support from their local
chapter may discourage some members from attending. That is, of course, not
the intent. We need a good turnout to make our presence known to our
lawmakers. For this reason, for now, we will keep the practice the same as
in previous years, that is, we will cover the transportation and hotel cost
for members participating in the Richmond Seminar. As always, it helps with
the cost when we can share rides and share hotel rooms.

I plan to include a discussion of Richmond Seminar expenses on the agenda
for the board meeting; however any change in our practice will not happen
until a year from now. As always, as an affiliate, we need to keep doing
more and that means we need to keep looking for ways to increase our
funding. Please come to the January 16 board meeting and share your thoughts
on ways we can save money and ways we can raise more funds.

Best,

Fred Schroeder, President