[Nfbv-announce] NFB Student Seminar March 19 in North Carolina

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Mar 7 14:50:05 UTC 2011

From: Justin Salisbury

I would like to ask your help in advertising the annual North Carolina
Association of Blind Students Seminar.  This seminar is open for all blind
and visually impaired high school and college students.  The seminar will be
in Raleigh, NC, which may not be too far for some people in Virginia.
Parents, teachers, and social service providers are also invited.  Though
our target audience is people from NC, folks from VA are definitely more
than welcome to attend.  I have attached a copy of our flyer.  The seminar
will be on Saturday, March 19, 2011.

    This seminar will include an exhibit hall featuring an unprecedented 28
exhibits.  Exhibits will include adaptive technology, adaptive recreational
activities, guide dog schools, employment opportunities, blindness skill
training centers, and more.  We will have great speakers and discussion
sessions, too.  We will also be separating students and parents during
discussion sessions to help grow the parents' division while the students
can speak freely about their topics.

    If you could please distribute this flyer and above information on your
state mailing list and to anyone you know who might be interested, we would
greatly appreciate it.  Feel free to contact me with any questions.  If you
want to call me for immediate communication, my phone number is
860.989.7865.

Thank you!

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."    -Aristotle