[Nfbv-announce] Gwen Beavers

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 12 21:45:21 UTC 2012

Fellow Federationists,

I am sorry to report to you that Gwen Beavers, our friend and long time federationist, went home to be with her Lord & Saviour on Saturday morning, August 11, 2012.

The family will receive visitors on Monday evening between 6:00 and 8:00 pm at Hill & Wood Funeral Services, located on the corner of 1st & East Market Street in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday morning at 11:00 am at First Christian Church, located at 3285 Keswick Road in Keswick, Virginia.  All of those attending the funeral service are invited to lunch at the church immediately following the service.  Burial will take place at Holly Memorial Gardens on Seminole Trail (Rt 29 North) at 2:00 pm.

In lieu of flowers, it has been requested that memorials be made to the First Christian Church Mortgage Fund or to the Blue Ridge Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia.