[Nfbv-announce] August 25 NFBV Board Meeting and Goodwill Informational Protest

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Fri Aug 17 00:02:58 UTC 2012

As you know, Goodwill does not require its local affiliates to pay the
minimum wage to blind people and other workers with disabilities. As a
result, we will be holding informational protests outside of Goodwill stores
across the country. The informational protests will take place on Saturday,
August 25. That is also the day of our state board meeting. We will hold an
informational protest in Richmond.  Here is the schedule for the day:

10:00 A.M.  Pre-protest briefing. The location has not yet been selected but
we will make sure you know where it will be held in the next day or so.

11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. Informational protest. We will assemble at a Goodwill
store in Richmond. The specific location will be included in a follow-up
notice.

2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. Affiliate board meeting. We will send out the precise
location for the board meeting along with the information about the
pre-protest briefing and the location of the Goodwill store where the
protest will be held.

Thanks,

Fred Schroeder, President