[Nfbv-announce] Passing of Dawnelle Cruz

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Dec 18 22:33:17 UTC 2014

It is with great sadness that we send this news from the Tidewater Chapter:

Please keep the soul of Dawnelle and her family in your prayers.

Dawnelle died at 3 pm on December 17.

Her viewing will be tomorrow evening (Dec. 19) in the chapel at the Oman
Funeral Home, 653 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322 from 6:00 PM until 7:30
PM.

The funeral mass will be Saturday, Dec. 20 at 9:00 AM at St. Benedict's
Catholic Church, 521 McCosh Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320.  A reception at the
church will follow.

In lieu of flowers, the family would like donations to be given to the
Tidewater chapter of the National Federation of the Blind or to Dawnelle's
funeral expenses.  Dawnelle's life insurance policy did not mature due to
her illnesses.  To make a donation to the funeral expenses, contact the
funeral home directly.  The address is given above in the information about
the viewing.  The phone number is (757) 547-5184.

Dawnelle's obituary will be online tomorrow.  It will be on the Oman funeral
home's website; Dawnelle's brother didn't have that address but said we can
Google it.  The obituary will also be in the local paper, the Virginian
Pilot, tomorrow and Saturday.

There will also be a graveside service for Dawnelle after the first of the
year.