[Nfbv-announce] Help with accessibility testing of online training courses

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Jun 11 00:05:16 UTC 2015

Dear NFB Virginia Member,

I am reaching out to the NFB Virginia membership seeking a couple of
individuals who would be willing to test our online training courses for
accessibility.  My company, Workplace Answers, produces online courses for
higher ed, enterprise and government entities.  Our courses span a variety
of topics but focus on compliance training (unlawful harassment, diversity,
violence against women, etc.) We have invested considerable resources over
the past few years upgrading our courseware to meet accessibility standards.
As technology evolves, so must we!  Where we need some assistance is in the
testing area.  We have very feature rich courses with lots of interactions
and we strive to offer the same content to all of our users.  We need people
with disabilities to test a sampling of our courses and provide feedback on
their experience.

I am looking for users who have experience with navigating through the web
using screen readers, screen magnifiers or other devices/tools that assist
their experience.  The user would need to identify their working
environment:  Device (PC, MAC, iPAD, Android Tablet), Operating
System/Version, Browser/Version, Screen Reader/Version, Screen
Magnifier/Version, etc.  The scope of testing can vary depending upon
several factors, including your environment, your personal experience with
accessibility requirements (508 or WCAG 2.0), your availability, your
interest in improving web accessibility, and your ability to provide
detailed feedback, such as the keystrokes required to replicate any issue.
The time required to take a first pass through a mini sample course would be
1-2 hours.  It is possible that compensation could be considered if an
ongoing relationship were to be established.  The type of feedback we are
seeking includes:

1)      Page number or page title where you are having an issue (or take a
screen shot if possible)

2)      Keystrokes you are using to navigate through the course

3)      Recommendations for improving the learning experience

Thank you for your support.

Ronnie

Ronnie Taylor

Program Manager and Engineering Sales Advisor

Workplace Answers

512-298-1072

Ronnie Taylor rtaylor at workplaceanswers.com
<mailto:rtaylor at workplaceanswers.com>