[Nfbv-announce] Volunteers needed for convention Shuttle Bus Marshalling

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:42:27 UTC 2015

Hi Virginia Federationists,

The National Federation of the Blind will run convenient shuttles between
the Rosen Centre, the Rosen Plaza, and the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at
SeaWorld from July 5 through July 10 for our seventy-fifth annual national
convention. The Virginia Affiliate has been asked to help coordinate this
task again this year.

Tracy Soforenko and Brian McCann will coordinate the shuttle bus but we
really need your assistance. Each morning, bus service begins at 7:30 a.m.
and will run continuously throughout the day. The last bus will depart the
Rosen Centre with service to the DoubleTree and the Rosen Plaza at 11:00
p.m. UPS volunteers will be working as marshals and talking signs starting
at 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM from Sunday (7/5) through Friday (7/10). We will
need volunteers from Virginia to help cover the rest of the times.

We anticipate putting two people at each of the properties per shift. Last
year, everyone who worked a shift enjoyed the experience.

Sunday, July 5, we will need six volunteers to help from 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM.

Monday, July 6, we will need three volunteers to run an early morning shift
from 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM. Six volunteers to run the evening shift from 7:30 PM
- 9:45 PM

*We will have other volunteers to cover the rest of this shift so that ALL
Virginians can attend the Virginia Caucus.

Tuesday, July 7, we will need three volunteers to run an early morning shift
from 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM. Six volunteers to run the evening shift from 7:30 PM
- 11:00 PM.

Wednesday, July 8, we will need six volunteers to run an early morning shift
from 6:00 AM - 8:00 AM. Six volunteers to run the evening shift from 7:30 PM
- 11:00 PM.

*Shuttle service starts earlier on Wednesday morning to help everyone get to
the Guinness World Record Attempt.

Thursday, July 9, we will need three volunteers to run an early morning
shift from 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM. Six volunteers to run the evening shift from
7:30 PM - 11:00 PM.

Friday, July 10, we will need three volunteers to run an early morning shift
from 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM. Three volunteers needed from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM to
help the UPS volunteers during this peak time. Six volunteers to run the
shuttles after banquet dinner (10:30 PM) until 11:45 PM.

Please email Brian at  <mailto:brnmccnn at gmail.com> brnmccnn at gmail.com if you
are available to assist. It will really help if you can tell me which shifts
work for you.

Sincerely,

Brian McCann

(757) 472-2494