[Nfbv-announce] Fairfax Chapter meeting March 19 How to protect your information and computer

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:51:48 UTC 2015

Hello All,
The Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia will be having our monthly meeting this Thursday (March 19( at the Glory Days Grill in Fairfax starting at 6:30 pm and running till 8:30 pm. All are invited to this very important program.

It is really great when you can advance your career with new knowledge and skills. Well, I (John Bailey) have been fortunate to have recently passed my computer security certification. What I have learned-- and we all can gain from is how easy it is for ‘bad guys’ to not only wreck our computers. But, to take our most important personal information and potentially damage our reputations and steal our identities.

This Thursday, I will show you 5 really simple ways that will allow you to protect your computer and identity from the vast majority of on-line thieves. In addition, to show you how you can be a victim, we will have a guest speaker who was herself a victim of identity theft and how it took her years to repair the damage.

These 5 tips can save you years of grief and lots of money. But, you can only get them if you attend our meeting this Thursday. Hope to see you there.

The address for the Glory Days Grill is 3059 Nutley Street, Fairfax, VA  22031-1931
We begin gathering at 6:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 PM and runs till
8:30 PM.

If you have questions, please contact me at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com or via phone at
703.994.2040.

blank