[Nfbv-announce] NLS seeks patrons for video testimonials

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:02:28 UTC 2015

NLS seeks patrons for video testimonials
The National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS), Library of Congress, is producing radio and television public service announcements (PSAs) and videos featuring testimonials from NLS patrons who have used the braille and talking book program. These products will raise awareness of NLS services so that all may read and will encourage more people to take advantage of NLS resources.

We need your help to identify and contact participants for the video shoots on either Saturday, December 12, or Sunday, December 13, in the DC Metro area. We seek NLS patrons who are willing to speak on camera about their favorable experiences with the braille and talking book program. We especially want to include patrons who are aging adults, students, and veterans, or who have a physical disability that prevents them from using regular print materials.

Interested patrons should contact me directly at (571) 982-8864 or fgoldsten at reingold.com for more information. They will be interviewed over the phone before being selected as confirmed participants in the video shoot.

Please spread the word about this video shoot among the NLS patrons you know in the Washington metropolitan area who might like to participate. I have attached language you can personalize and share with local NLS patrons by email or in person. We are also happy to directly contact specific NLS patrons you may have in mind.

Thank you for your support of this important endeavor! Please contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

--

Forrest Goldsten

Communications Intern