[Nfbv-announce] Information from NABS

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Nov 19 20:20:26 UTC 2015

Students are encouraged to participate in Washington Seminar

Hello everyone,

I have been asked to post the following message from NABS to this list. Here is what our students have to say.

Hello,

                The National Association of Blind Students (NABS) is launching our first-ever Washington Seminar sponsorship program!

Students from all affiliates are encouraged to apply to be considered for financial support. NABS is making a big push this year to have a grand turn-out of students to represent our Federation family and advocate for our issues.

The deadline is shortly approaching, as applications are due this Sunday, November 22! Decisions will be made by December 15. As affiliate presidents, we welcome any recommendations you may have throughout the decision-making process. Please email Kathryn Webster (kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com> ) or Sean Whalen (nabs.president at gmail.com <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com> ) with any references you may have.

Please distribute the following link to student division presidents and any students that would be interested:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SU6lRgEw2yPZRLYi1qWowV0fl1bAPa2AWMcHJllxrxk/viewform?c=0 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SU6lRgEw2yPZRLYi1qWowV0fl1bAPa2AWMcHJllxrxk/viewform?c=0&w=1> &w=1

To learn more, read the information below!

We are extremely excited to have an impressive student turnout at the 2016 Washington Seminar. Washington Seminar is an empowering and meaningful experience where students can not only learn a ton, but also help the Federation build a brighter future for blind Americans. I urge each of you to strongly consider taking part in the Washington Seminar, and encourage anybody who requires financial support to do so to take advantage of this funding opportunity.

Keep in mind that this effort is intended to provide funding to students who would be otherwise unable to attend Washington Seminar due to financial hardship.

If you, your parents, your local chapter or state affiliate, or anybody else is providing or could provide financial support to enable you to make the trip, please take advantage of those other opportunities. Receiving financial support from another entity does not necessarily make you ineligible for this funding. Only apply if you truly NEED the help to attend Washington Seminar. Finally, be aware that if you are granted financial support, you will be required to attend meetings and functions in DC from 9am January 25 to 5pm January 27.

Applications are due November 22. Please simply read the instructions and requirements and fill out the form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SU6lRgEw2yPZRLYi1qWowV0fl1bAPa2AWMcHJllxrxk/viewform?c=0 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SU6lRgEw2yPZRLYi1qWowV0fl1bAPa2AWMcHJllxrxk/viewform?c=0&w=1> &w=1

If you apply, you will receive a decision on your application no later than December 15, leaving ample time for transportation and hotel bookings.

Yours,

Kathryn Webster

Secretary/Treasurer | National Association of Blind Students