[Nfbv-announce] Spirit of Communications Committee at Convention!

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Tue Sep 29 23:02:37 UTC 2015

Greetings Fellow Federationists

In keeping with the theme and attitude of "Spirit 2015," the communications
committee of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia aims to raise
the bar on promotion and demonstration of independence, camaraderie, and
empathy to the blind and sighted community. Using the platform of YouTube as
a source of information, we have successfully captured the eyes of the
federation on the national level. We plan to further expand our message's
horizon by hopefully involving all of you in our communications seminar at
state convention.

In this seminar, which will take place Friday, October 30, 2015, we will
reintroduce the committee and our goals to those who are familiar with it
and introduce it to those that are unaware of its existence. We will be able
to answer any questions you may have about our message, the social media
mediums we use, and how often we update these platforms. We will also show
you past work that has been done on our blooming YouTube channel. Finally,
we request that attendees volunteer share their feelings about the
Federation and why the love being a federationist. This can be done in one
of three facets:

1.       Shooting a short 1-2 minute video explaining why you are a
Federationist or what the Federation means to you.

2.       Taking a picture holding a bedazzled banner reading #Spirit2015 or
#NFBVirginia that will be shared on our Facebook page.

3.       Sharing a short blurb on what the Federation means to you and
identifying your chapter (Blurb will be placed on the Twitter page).

I would be elated if we have a large amount of people attending the seminar
and volunteering to allow themselves, their children, or their family to be
part of our state, national, and international that we have "Spirit" not
just for 2015, but for years to come.

I look forward to seeing all of you at convention and can't wait to
experience "Spirit 2015" with each and every one of you. If you have any
questions about the seminar, please feel free to e-mail the communications
committee chair, John Bailey, at nfbvcc at hotmail.com
<mailto:nfbvcc at hotmail.com>  or myself at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> .

Sincerely

Robert Parsons Jr

Richmond Chapter Communications Delegate

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

Phone: 804-200-3275

"Persist until success happens.

blindness is not what holds you back.