[Nfbv-announce] Friday 10/30 afternoon Highlight #2: Get a Grip on Your Technology: What every blind user needs to know

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:37:53 UTC 2015

Fellow Virginia Federationists:

Under our new model, we have changed the agenda and some people are
confused. We will be starting General Session with fabulous presentations on
Friday morning, October 30 then 2 great seminars on Friday afternoon. In
addition, we have a large number of exhibitors on Friday afternoon.

We will be sharing highlights each day to get people excited.

2:00 PM to 4:30 PM Friday afternoon Seminar

Get a Grip on Your Technology:  What every blind user needs to know

Bob Hart and Christopher O'Meally, Co-Chairs

Should you upgrade to Windows 10, what are the latest advances in assistive
tech, and how will transportation technology change your next trip in your
neighborhood or around the world.  In addition to helping Windows users
decide if they want to upgrade to Windows 10, this seminar will describe the
advantages and disadvantages of using the Apple Macintosh for school and
work, how the Apple Watch works, what is new in version 9 of the iPhone
operating system, and in a joint session with the transportation seminar, we
will hear about a new product called Sonar Glasses and learn about several
travel apps for the iPhone such as Blind Square, Uber and Click and Go.

Details on registration and hotel reservations can be found at our web site

www.nfbv.org

Don't delay, register and make your hotel reservations today.

Tracy Soforenko

First Vice President, NFB of Virginia

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202 285-4595