[Nfbv-announce] Tuesday (1/5 at 7:00 PM Career Education Committee Conference Call

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 19:01:17 UTC 2016

Happy New Year,

In December, we held our first Career Education Committee Conference Call.
If you are wondering what we are talking about keep reading after the next
paragraph.

The committee will be meeting again this Tuesday, January 5 to discuss a
draft proposal we will present at the NFB of Virginia Board meeting on
January 18. We would still welcome others to participate in the work of this
committee. To attend the meeting, it will help if you email me in advance of
the meeting to get our rough draft of the proposal. The proposal still needs
a great deal of refinement so unless you are willing to participate, we
should wait to share the rough draft.

If you are intrigued to help us create a new resource for blind Virginians
working to grow in their job and career, join us on Tuesday, January 5 at
7:00 PM.

Career Education Committee Meeting

Conference Bridge: 712 432 - 0220

Passcode 9986460#

If you have a challenge  with the bridge line, please call my mobile at 202
285-4595.

Subject: Wanted: Innovators to create a new Career Resource for Blind
Virginians

Do you want to arm blind and low vision students and adults with the
attitude and skills to succeed in today's work environment?

Do you have experience with online education, rehabilitation, and new media?

Do you have interest in creating something valuable to enhance the career
success of our members?

The NFB of Virginia Career Education committee is seeking a few talented
individuals to help formulate new tools to augment blindness skills
training.

This committee will be working to develop a proposal to be presented at the
NFB of Virginia Board of Directors meeting on January 18, 2016. If approved
by the Board of Directors, the committee will continue to develop this idea,
seeking partnerships and developing pilot content for a roll out in 2016.

If you are interested in learning more and believe you could contribute to
the committee's efforts, please contact Patrick Johnson, Career Education
committee chair at

patrickjohnson1015 at gmail.com

or via phone at  540 230-4287.

Please plan to attend our next committee conference call on Tuesday, January
5.

Tracy Soforenko
First Vice president, NFB of Virginia
Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com