[Nfbv-announce] Help Make the Internet Accessible to All: Deadline is coming!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:48:03 UTC 2016

Help Make the Internet Accessible to All:  Deadline is coming!

Dear Colleagues,
The NFB wants to thank all of those who have already put their names to the petition that will make the Internet more accessible to the vision impaired. Unfortunately, time is running out for those who have not clicked on the link below yet.

You need to act now! Once the deadline is here, it is gone.

For information about this time-sensitive petition that will increase our independence, read the information below and click the link right away.

Help make the Internet more accessible by joining our petition!

You may have heard that the NFB has launched a petition calling on the Obama administration to release the ADA internet regulations without delay. The ADA internet regulations are essential because these guidelines ensure that the future of the Internet is accessible to all. Unfortunately, the longer it takes for the ADA internet regulations to be published, the longer it will take before you will be able to easily access all the Internet's resources.

We are letting the White House know that we need the regulations released now and we are doing this through a national petition.

In order for the administration to respond to our petition, we need to secure 100,000 signatures by February 11, 2016, which is no small task. Here is where you come in; the NFB is relying on your leadership in the Federation to promote our petition, encourage our fellow members not only to sign it, but also to share it on their personal Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and all other social media outlets.

You are leaders in your communities; members of clubs, churches, civic organizations, etc. Please take time to encourage any and all members of clubs/organizations that you are a part of to sign and share our petition as well. We need all hands on deck, and I know we are always up to the challenge. I look forward to seeing many of you in D.C. for Washington Seminar in the coming weeks, but until then, happy signing/sharing! Each signature brings us closer to a more accessible Internet for all.

You can access the petition here

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/direct-us-department-justice-promptly-release-ada-internet-regulations

For more information, send inquiries to NFBVCC at hotmail.com